March 31st: Dipuo Peters (pictured below) has been fired as Minister of Transport and replaced by Joe Mawswanganyi, of whom FleetWatch has absolutely no knowledge. Does anyone know the man and his involvement in transport?
This was one of the many changes announced by President Jacob Zuma in his midnight Cabinet reshuffle. Malusi Gigaba, former Minister of Home Affairs since 25 May 2014, has replaced Pravin Gordhan as Minister of Finance.
Hold tight everyone – the ride is going to get rough.
Here is a list of all the changes made by Jacob Zuma:
- Minister of Energy, Ms Mmamoloko “Nkhensani” Kubayi, replacing Tina Joemat-Pettersson
- Minister of Transport, Mr Joe Maswanganyi, replacing Dipuo Peters
- Minister of Finance, Mr Malusi Gigaba, replacing Pravin Gordhan
- Minister of Police, Mr Fikile Mbalula, replacing Nathi Nhleko
- Minister of Public Works, Mr Nathi Nhleko, replacing Thulas Nxesi
- Minister of Sports and Recreation, Mr Thembelani “Thulas” Nxesi, replacing Fikile Mbalula
- Minister of Tourism, Ms Tokozile Xasa, replacing Derek Hanekom
- Minister of Public Service and Administration, Ms Faith Muthambi, replacing Ngoako Ramatlhodi
- Minister of Home Affairs, Prof Hlengiwe Mkhize, replacing Malusi Gigaba
- Minister of Communications, Ms Ayanda Dlodlo, replacing Faith Muthambi
Half of the ministers affected have been fired, with the other half merely moved to new positions.
- Tina Joemat-Pettersson
- Dipuo Peters
- Pravin Gordhan
- Derek Hanekom
- Ngoako Ramatlhodi
- Malusi Gigaba
- Nathi Nhleko
- Thulas Nxesi
- Fikile Mbalula
- Faith Muthambi
- Deputy Minister of Public Service and Administration, Ms Dipuo Letsatsi-Duba
- Deputy Minister of Finance, Mr Sifiso Buthelezi
- Deputy Minister of Public Enterprises, Mr Ben Martins
- Deputy Minister of Arts and Culture, Ms Maggie Sotyu
- Deputy Minister of Trade and Industry, Mr Gratitude Magwanishe
- Deputy Minister of Communications, Ms Thandi Mahambehlala,
- Deputy Minister of Tourism, Ms Elizabeth Thabethe
- Deputy Minister of Police, Mr Bongani Mkongi
- Deputy Minister of Telecommunications and Postal Services, Ms Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams
- Deputy Minister of Small Business Development, Ms Nomathemba November.