So many lessons have emerged from the past months of Covid-19 lockdown but one which stands out prominently is the need for more accent to be placed on the supply chain as a whole rather than on individual links in the chain.
It is thus FleetWatch welcomes the news that local online supply chain training company Bizzco has been accredited by global professional body, the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT), to offer its international qualifications, as well as some of its modular courses that build up to certifications.
Bizzco is a supply chain knowledge hub based in South Africa which provides services throughout the continent. The company works with leading companies to streamline their supply chain space through people development. It also offers a range of training and skills programmes, as well as competency assessments and advisory services.
CILT is the leading, international professional body for all who work within supply chain, logistics and transport. It is a global family of 35 000 members in 35 countries which is dedicated to giving individuals and organisations access to the tools, knowledge and network vital to success in the logistics, transport and supply chain industries.
Bizzco has been accredited to offer two certifications:
- CILT Certificate in Logistics and Transport: Learners can choose from three elective modules to complete their certification – freight transport operations, warehousing or inventory. On completion, the learner will be awarded with a Transport Education and Training Authority (TETA) accreditation certificate and a CILT International certificate.
- CILT Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport: Learners can choose their specialisation from five elective modules: transport operations, transport planning, inventory, sourcing and procurement or warehouse control. On completion, the learner will be awarded with a TETA accreditation certificate, as well as a CILT International certificate.
Bizzco is the first training company in South Africa to achieve this dual recognition. Its founder, Greta Froise, is excited at the opportunities this accreditation offers. “Through our collaboration with CILT International, we are now able to provide a learning pathway that enables our learners to achieve accreditation in their own country, as well we an international certification from CILT International – at the same time, for one price.
“International learners from the SADC regions have the same opportunities to achieve a certificate accredited in their own country, as well as the CILT International certificate,” she says. “Transport and logistics are the lifeblood for the continent of Africa and through this collaboration, we are able to offer these online programmes to all countries in Africa. Online training does not have borders and boundaries, making it accessible and affordable to many people and impacting many businesses.”
Bizzco has also been accredited to offer the following programmes across logistics, transport and supply chains. These short courses also earn learners credits towards certifications:
- Distribution Management.
- Global Inventory Valuation and Replenishment.
- Motivate and Build a Team.
- Warehouse Management.
- Inventory in the Supply Chain.
Bizzco has clients in several African countries, including Botswana, Burkina Faso, Mozambique, Namibia and Swaziland and all the courses are available as a digital learning course. “You can be located anywhere in the world and will be supported through our learner management system,” says Froise.