Daimler Trucks & Buses (Mercedes-Benz Trucks, Freightliner, FUSO Trucks and Buses, Mercedes-Benz Bus & Coach and Western Star), as well as Mercedes-Benz Vans, both subsidiaries of Mercedes-Benz South Africa (MBSA) recognised and rewarded its top performing commercial vehicles dealers for 2015 at a Dealer of the Year gala event held recently in Dubai. The awards were based on excellence in various fields.
The awards confirm Daimler Trucks & Buses (DT&B) and Mercedes-Benz Vans’ dominance in 2015, with DT&B remaining market leaders by selling more than 5300 units. Mercedes-Benz Vans increased its market share by 1.3% for the large van market and 3.8% for the mid-size market.
Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles Cape Town walked away with the Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Chairman’s Award for Best Overall Performance, Daimler Trucks & Buses and Mercedes-Benz Vans accolade. The dealer also bagged the Dealer of the Year: Chairman’s Award for Best Overall Performance Daimler Trucks & Buses.
“It is no small feat for our dealers to be rated the very best among their peers. We measure the respective dealers’ performance in terms of both the soft and hard deliverables which include customer satisfaction, customer relationship management, new vehicles, after-sales and target performance. All these key performance indicators are tracked and shared with the dealers for the first three quarters of the year, but we create an element of surprise in the last quarter, so that we can reveal the winners in a spectacular manner,” said Kobus van Zyl, Executive Director: Daimler Trucks & Buses Southern Africa.
“We are thrilled to commend our dealers as they have taken to heart just how important not only our customers are, but all stakeholders. They continue to elevate customer satisfaction, are always looking for innovative ways to increase sales, and they are willing to take overall excellence to new heights,” added Van Zyl.
Nicolette Lambrechts, Vice-President of Mercedes-Benz Vans Southern Africa, presented Garden City Commercial Vehicles with the Dealer of the Year: Chairman’s Award for Best Overall Performance, Mercedes-Benz Vans.
“I can only heap praises to the Garden City Commercial Vehicles team, as their collective efforts resulted in them being acknowledged. They have consistently met their targets and have a stellar attitude that all of us can learn from. Even when they were faced with difficulties, they came out on top,” said Lambrechts.
“It is very easy to notice that the entire Garden City team played a part in this achievement. From the sales staff to the workshop and the administration team, they did so well in 2015 that I wish I was one of their customers,” enthused Lambrechts.
Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles Cape Town was singled out for its top-down approach, where the entire team was involved. Right from senior leadership to the technician who is on standby, the dealership consistently ensured that the customers’ needs were fully met. They were also commended for proactively finding opportunities to add value to their customers.
Other winners from the awards included:
- Best Sales Performance Category for Mercedes-Benz Trucks: De Wit Motors
- Best Sales Performance Category for Mercedes-Benz Buses: Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles Gauteng North and West
- Best Sales Performance Category for Freightliner: John Williams Motors
- Best Sales Performance Category for Fuso: John Williams Motors
- Most Improved Dealer for Mercedes-Benz Vans: McCarthy Kunene Commercial Vehicles
- Most Improved Dealer for Daimler Trucks & Buses: Union Motors South Coast
- Top Brand Performance for Vans Large Volume: Garden City Commercial Vehicles
- Top Brand Performance for Vans Medium Volume: Union Motors South Coast
- Top Brand Performance for Mercedes-Benz Trucks: Large Volume Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles Cape Town
- Top Brand Performance for Mercedes-Benz Trucks Medium Volume: Mercurius Motors
- Top Brand Performance for Mercedes-Benz Buses Overall: Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles Gauteng North & West
- Top Brand Performance for Freightliner Large Volume: John Williams Motors
- Top Brand Performance for Freightliner Medium Volume: Union Motors South Coast
- Top Brand Performance for FUSO Large Volume: Sandown Commercial Vehicles Bellville
- Top Brand Performance for FUSO Medium Volume: Union Motors South Coast